free website stats program Spoke Wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Spoke Wheels

5Pack

I lucked into a free set of new looking spoke wheels to relpace the stock mags with on my EGC. I got the wide wwalls on it and will soon(?) replace the wheels. Always did like the traditional spoke wheels.....
is there anything i should know about what to expect upon installing these?...besides the extra time cleaning/ tube.....

Your 2001 classic if I remember has a 1'' axle on the front and 3/4'' axel on the rear ,2002-2007 FLT models have 1'' front and rear .So you need to confirm what the laced rims are , also you did not say who made the laced rims ,the hub offset might not be the same as your stock rims,so it might require getting the new spacers to achieve the proper fit.

Your 2001 classic if I remember has a 1'' axle on the front and 3/4'' axel on the rear ,2002-2007 FLT models have 1'' front and rear .So you need to confirm what the laced rims are , also you did not say who made the laced rims ,the hub offset might not be the same as your stock rims,so it might require getting the new spacers to achieve the proper fit.

Good to know...
i thought the 01 and 02 would be the same; mybe they aren't....i know they came off a 2002 EGC and i believe his bike came from the factory with those wheels....
sounds like i will not be replacing them as "soon" as i thought.:(

Back