free website stats program Spoke wheels vs Mag Wheels | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spoke wheels vs Mag Wheels

Took the original mags off of my RK and replaced them with spoke rims. Love the look it gives my bike. I will admit they can be a bit of work to clean but the look you get is worth it in my opinion.

the laced wheel tubeless option is available, they have a heavy band that seals onto the rim and can be used on any laced wheel but they r very expensive compared to a tube and need regular replacing

I've had both cast and spoke wheels for many years. On my last bike I put some American Wheel 100 spoke twist wheels. What a mistake! When up in Hill City (two miles from) my rear tire blew out. No one could fix it. It ended up costing my around $700. for a tire and rim. My current bike has / had factory spoke wheels (Electra glide). I'm jerking those suckers off and putting Harley cast slotted wheels on it - durable and low maintenance. Wire wheels are great if you're riding in town, but not for touring!

Although I prefer the look of spokes, the climate over in the UK tends to take its toll with inner wheel corrosion on OE spoked wheels being a problem. this has led to in some cases the outer rim splitting due to fatigue which as you can guess is not good. I've got a pair of Sturgis wheels fitted to my Heritage. I don't think they look too bad. :)

S6000968.jpg

Back