free website stats program Spoke adjustment question | Harley Davidson Forums

Spoke adjustment question

R_W_B

Ok I've read some older posts and checked around for tools etc.

For the most part in old threads (from several forums) I'm getting that a spoke torque wrench is only needed if you were installing ALL new spokes and needed a base to work from before further tuning it (after truing).

Also (if the above be the case) then all a bike owner needs to check and or tighten spokes (tune them by sound), would be a spoke wrench ( just the wrench) that fits the spoke.

Please confirm your experinces on this.

Additionally my Street Bob spokes appear on rough measurement to be 6.1 to 6.3 mm, does anyone know the exact size of my spoke nuts ?

Ok I've read some older posts and checked around for tools etc.

For the most part in old threads (from several forums) I'm getting that a spoke torque wrench is only needed if you were installing ALL new spokes and needed a base to work from before further tuning it (after truing).

Also (if the above be the case) then all a bike owner needs to check and or tighten spokes (tune them by sound), would be a spoke wrench ( just the wrench) that fits the spoke.

Please confirm your experinces on this.

Additionally my Street Bob spokes appear on rough measurement to be 6.1 to 6.3 mm, does anyone know the exact size of my spoke nuts ?

I use a METRIC 3" cresent wrench to do the TINK or donk..:newsmile048: Yes the sound is what I am after... DON"T get carried away with a wheel that is finished and old,,,,,, It may have a FEW loose ones that don't = an even TINK....

I use the handle of the little cresent wrench to tap each spoke... NOT Tightening Any Until all are checked for sound...... TINK is close enough and donk is loose..

You get it and this is "MY WAY" and Not approved but by BUBBIE..........:D

signed....BUBBIE

I use a METRIC 3" cresent wrench to do the TINK or donk..:newsmile048: Yes the sound is what I am after... DON"T get carried away with a wheel that is finished and old,,,,,, It may have a FEW loose ones that don't = an even TINK....

I use the handle of the little cresent wrench to tap each spoke... NOT Tightening Any Until all are checked for sound...... TINK is close enough and donk is loose..

I managed to do mine with a cresent wrench, fortunately none were real loose, since my wrench is too big to get at the spoke head good.

Mine were more of a ding and dong, they both seem very tight. I guess a thunk would be a loose one. Anyhow I think I have eliminated my spokes from my current issue (another thread).

Back