free website stats program spitting sputtering missing | Harley Davidson Forums

spitting sputtering missing

1998sportster

I havea 98 sporty 1200 custom. It is spitting,missing,backfiring shutting off, and the tack is going crazy can anyone help me. I just had a new bank angle sensor put on and new plugs and a fuse but it is doing it again

I havea 98 sporty 1200 custom. It is spitting,missing,backfiring shutting off, and the tack is going crazy can anyone help me. I just had a new bank angle sensor put on and new plugs and a fuse but it is doing it again

Have you checked your battery and charging system?

How the ignition is triggered may also be a good place to look.
Don't know too much about early bikes but may be a crank sensor problem if one is even used.

no it doesnt seam to have any trouble starting or lights dimming or anything like that. But i am new to the harley family so i dont know could that still be a problem?

no it doesnt seam to have any trouble starting or lights dimming or anything like that. But i am new to the harley family so i dont know could that still be a problem?

Yes if the battery is bad or the charging system is weak, do you have a volt meter? you should read at least above battery voltage at idle, Tho i would like to see 13 volts, and Hoople is on with checking the ignitiom system as well, do you have a factory manual?

Back