free website stats program Spitting Oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spitting Oil

Sounds like the oil level is too high. It should not be on the full mark unless the engine is up to temperature. My dealer, and I'm sure many others. overfill everytime they change the oil. The techs look at the manual, it states 3qt (or whatever) capacity, and that is what they put in. They do not read the paragraph that states the 3qt amount is for a dry fill. Drain & fill is 1/2qt less.

Easy enough test; I can suck that much out with a turkey baster if the dealer doesn't find anything..

After 5 months of arguing with the dealer over modifications (primarily the V&H A/C and HD oil cooler) that they did prior to us taking delivery of the bike, misleading us about warranty work conducted, and finally disassociating ourselves from the dealer & as collateral damage the HOG Chapter they sponsor we had our Indy look at it & it turns out the oil pump came from the factory out of alignment.

Glad you found the problem. Does the pump mis-alignment cause the oil to aerate and allow it to come out of breather tube in air cleaner? Just trying to understand how pump alignment causes that problem.

Hoople

The misalignment will cause a GLUT of oil to remain in the sump area of the crank. causing all kinds of problems 1 being oil in the air breather, banjo bolt holes spewing the foam out that is whipped-up by the crank.

Also a big drop in performance because of the crank running (swimming) in TO Much oil...

I believe that the big problem here is the CRANK-RUNOUT and misalignment a escape goat.

Just my thoughts.

signed....BUBBIE

Hoople

The misalignment will cause a GLUT of oil to remain in the sump area of the crank. causing all kinds of problems 1 being oil in the air breather, banjo bolt holes spewing the foam out that is whipped-up by the crank.

Also a big drop in performance because of the crank running (swimming) in TO Much oil...

I believe that the big problem here is the CRANK-RUNOUT and misalignment a escape goat.

Just my thoughts.

signed....BUBBIE

What and were r banjo bolt holes......

In my opinion, that is to much, and the culprit to oil in your A/C. I consider my oil as "full" when it is at the halfway point.

+1 on that. I read half-quart low when cold. I had the same thing happen and found that that 1/2qt low was the answer.---jack :13:

Back