free website stats program Spitting Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Spitting Oil

Bait

My wife's new 2010 Street Bob is spitting oil out the air cleaner. Our mechanic believes the oil cooler is the culprit. We bought the bike new and had a HD Premium Oil Cooler, SE Tuner, and V&H pipes and Air Cleaner installed by the dealer at the time of purchase. We have it back at the dealer as it is under warranty. No other issues or engine problems. Thoughts?

Oil level and air filter are ok. Mechanic originally thought the oil pump was out of alignment which was why he recommended we take it to the dealer for warranty work but has since changed his mind. He is a good mechanic; just trying to get some thoughts before I spend any more money or take the cooler off. Guess I can temporarily unhook the oil cooler and see if that is the cause; probably shoulda bought a Jagg Cooler..

Why the change of mind about the oil pump alignment. It isn't something you can guess about, it just has to be done to be sure.

On the full line. Just had the 1,000 mile check-up done and changed the fluids and filter. It was spitting oil before and after.

In my opinion, that is to much, and the culprit to oil in your A/C. I consider my oil as "full" when it is at the halfway point.

In my opinion, that is to much, and the culprit to oil in your A/C. I consider my oil as "full" when it is at the halfway point.

I agree, I had that problem and I decided to run mine about 1/3 qt low and it hasn't spit since------jack

Back