free website stats program Spiked Air Filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Spiked Air Filter

Smooth Air

I'm looking to get a new air filter, hi-flow for stage one cv upgrade. Wanted to know if anyone has used this type of air filter and what you think of them. Any suggestions on other types of air filters appreciated.

Thanks, SmoothAir

Melbourne's right, it's got the pointed end. Wondering myself about how it would do in the rain, talked to some individuals, and didn't seem to be a problem, especially with the k&n filter.

I'm looking to get a new air filter, hi-flow for stage one cv upgrade. Wanted to know if anyone has used this type of air filter and what you think of them. Any suggestions on other types of air filters appreciated.

Thanks, SmoothAir

Hey Smooth, I think this is what you are looking for.

water in a motor is not an issue when its rain - its when its fully submerged or torential when it become and issue, a lot of high powered motors use water injection to keep the inlet temperature down so the motors dont predetonate, mostly found pocket rockets with turbos when there running massive boost.
I ride all year round like Smitty and have never had an issue with a Forcewinder or a heavy breather, nor any issue with running open pod filters or a filtered Velocity stack

Hobbit is right on with this. Rain will not hurt an engine. Socks that SE uses are called rain socks but I know of people that use them just to restrict the air that goes into the cleaner because they work so well. too much air sometimes. :D

Attachments

• DSC00367.jpg
    DSC00367.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
water in a motor is not an issue when its rain - its when its fully submerged or torential when it become and issue, a lot of high powered motors use water injection to keep the inlet temperature down so the motors dont predetonate, mostly found pocket rockets with turbos when there running massive boost.
I ride all year round like Smitty and have never had an issue with a Forcewinder or a heavy breather, nor any issue with running open pod filters or a filtered Velocity stack

And a bit of water will bust up some unwanted carbon Too, hence returning a lower compression ratio and less chance of ping and detonation with this junk gas we have :s

Back