free website stats program Speedometer | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedometer

I have a 1991 Fatboy and I am looking to replace the speedometer, Has anybody used the Speedometer offered by Drag Specialties.
Drag Specialties 2240 to 60 ratio Speedometer w/Read Switch - DS243901. On Denis Kirks Site.
They have no reviews on it . I asked Denis Kirk and they said that they have sold a lot of them and no complaints yet. But they sell it so what else are they going to say.

I used the new replacement speedo from Harley on my "04 Heritage. Direct change over, nice added extras and looks really good. No complaints.

I used a Bikers Choice on my 1990 Softie. Matched oem the best minus the Harley Davidson wording on the bottom of the dial face. They're available on Ebay.....84-90 sell for $65 or so and 91-up are $95. I think they went to self cancelling turn signals in 91 IIRC so that could explain the price difference.

I have a 1991 Fatboy and I am looking to replace the speedometer, Has anybody used the Speedometer offered by Drag Specialties.
Drag Specialties 2240 to 60 ratio Speedometer w/Read Switch - DS243901. On Denis Kirks Site.
They have no reviews on it . I asked Denis Kirk and they said that they have sold a lot of them and no complaints yet. But they sell it so what else are they going to say.

I ordered the DS speedo from local HD shop --- cost about $200 - installed by them - the HD OEM replacement was near $500 installed. The only thing is it does not have 'harley davidson' across the bottom like original. It IS however, better lit up and I have no problems to date - had about 2 months or so.

Bill

Back