Speedometer mount problem...

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by RideTheLightning, Apr 13, 2010.

1. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning Active Member

I think I got the name of the part lol. The plastic piece on my '02 Sportster that holds up the left and right indicators, neutral and oil indicators has broken. My father and I tried to remedy the situation using super glue, but it was no use. I hit a bump and it popped out again. I can see in the back of the tach that there is a spot for a very small hex wrench, but I don't see how to remove all the indicators safely. I also don't know exactly what the part I'm looking for is called haha. If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.

Was gonna edit my post, but I don't see the option for it. I think I found out how to get the housing off- found a set of torx screws on either side underneath the plastic, I just don't know what the part I'm looking for is called.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  2. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Bracket instrument support is the name used for that part that name is taken from the 93/94 parts manual for the sportster
    the part number given is 67110-92
    but think thats chrome rather than black otherwise should be the same

Brian

3. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning Active Member

Thank you sir!

:worthy

They did not have the part on hand- they had to order it. i will get it in 3-7 business days. The dude at the dealer said that Harley is gonna stop making all the little chrome doo-dads. It doesn't matter a whole lot, because I got the black one again. Chrome would be hella nice though.

4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

As well as the service manual i have the parts manual for all my bikes as i live in an isolated area of scotland ive never seen a harley dealer and i have to order parts online and often takes 4 weeks for parts to get to me so good part identification is essential
    so ive got the right books sitting next to me when someone needs assistance

Brian