Speedometer - Light Change

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Bosbury1, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Bosbury1

Bosbury1 Active Member

Can I change the color of the light in my Softail speedometer cluster? How do I go about changing it?

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

The bad news good news could be reversed, but result would not still be one you would not like...an unsealed, rebuildable speedometer would mean any seller could "turn back the hands of time" and resell to unknowing buyer...! That is why you have to give HD your VIN# and other details before they will even sell you a new one. You also "should" tell them what the mileage so the new replacement in the mail, ready for plug and play installation.

Either way though, you have choices...stock, aftermarket you name it, so maybe it can be a win-win...albiet a rather expensive one. Can you tell I am an "optimist", have to forgive me, as a new 2 year HD owner, I have learned to get get sticker shock if it has an HD logo on it...:D

4. lastinline

lastinline Member

hmmm... I'm not being sarcastic here. But, if the bulb in my speedo burns out... There's no way to replace it ??? I've never had one go on me... but now that this came up !!! If you could change it, it would be pretty cool to put a colored one in there.