free website stats program speedometer fogging up! | Harley Davidson Forums

speedometer fogging up!

7 Blairs

Anyone have a problem with your speedometer fogging up? Mine fogs up for several hours after sitting in my garage for more than a couple of days. Sometimes it gets so bad that I cannot read the speed or the odometer. Even after a couple of hours of riding down the highway under the hot sunshine it won't clear up. I thought these things were sealed and shouldn't do this... Any ideas?

Very common the fog up the gauges on the harleys. If it is excessive the dealer may help you out here.

Anyone have a problem with your speedometer fogging up? Mine fogs up for several hours after sitting in my garage for more than a couple of days. Sometimes it gets so bad that I cannot read the speed or the odometer. Even after a couple of hours of riding down the highway under the hot sunshine it won't clear up. I thought these things were sealed and shouldn't do this... Any ideas?

I noticed my fuel gauge does the same thing. I haven't even ridden in the rain for a long time, either. There must be a rubber seal that doesn't fit properly was what I was thinking (with mine that is.) I wouldn't even know where to begin to make an attempt to pull all that stuff out on my bike to try and fix it.....sounds like a winter project. I would be interested in hearing if you discover what the problem is.

Very common to have the gauges fog up. Nothing much can be done other than parking in the sun for a while.

Maybe not a fix but definitely a solution. Are ya lisnen H-D?, put threads on the chrome ring around the glass, ya know, like a mason jar? They don't fog up!!! Mine hasn't fogged up as of yet but there is something on the inside that NEEDS to be wiped off, and I can't get to it. Oh well, just don't look at the gauge!!:newsmile011:

Back