free website stats program speedometer drive help | Harley Davidson Forums

speedometer drive help

ok I have an 82 XLH I changed the speedo head because the OEM one quit now it reads wrong but not off like if it was a 2-1 drive and 1-1 head if it reads 50 its really 45 but when you get to 100 you are doing 80 so it increases diff the faster you go the only thing I can find on the drive is NS any help would be great THANKS

ok I have an 82 XLH I changed the speedo head because the OEM one quit now it reads wrong but not off like if it was a 2-1 drive and 1-1 head if it reads 50 its really 45 but when you get to 100 you are doing 80 so it increases diff the faster you go the only thing I can find on the drive is NS any help would be great THANKS

Is the front tire exactly the size and brand of the OEM, and with plenty of tread? The percentage variance is kinda puzzling.

Is the front tire exactly the size and brand of the OEM, and with plenty of tread? The percentage variance is kinda puzzling.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the speedo he bought is for a different bike with different stock tire size. Were did the purchased speedo come from?

I got the gauge from a harley shop in Salt lake and yea the tire is the same size and almost new and thats why I am puzzled about the diff in speed cause its not consistant with a 2-1 or 1-1 ratio and I dont want to buy another drive and have it go a diff way so I guess I will pull it off and see what I find oh and I was using my GPS to check speed thanks guys for your thoughts and help

Back