free website stats program Speedometer condensation | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedometer condensation

Dango789

Was out the other day and noticed a slight fog, or condensation, under the glass of my speedometer. It was only present about 1/4'' in from the chrome trim around the outside of the gauge. The rest of the glass was perfectly clear. After I got home, this moisture was gone. Any ideas for fixes? This is an '08 Road King Classic, thanks.

Was out the other day and noticed a slight fog, or condensation, under the glass of my speedometer. It was only present about 1/4'' in from the chrome trim around the outside of the gauge. The rest of the glass was perfectly clear. After I got home, this moisture was gone. Any ideas for fixes? This is an '08 Road King Classic, thanks.

This is an on going problem with few fixes. Parking in the sun or using a blow dryer helps Fogging gauges - Harley Davidson Community use the search box for more info

Most all the touring bikes have this problem. Have had my Electra Glide speedo changed for it actually streaked. This was a defect that the dealer covered under warrty. Have changed the way I wash bike so it has not happened yet in a year...

I had a puddle in my speedo, streaked the lens but everything works fine. I waited about a week before I took the blow dryer to it.
Ken

A thread on this comes up about every 3 months. I heard one guy put those little dry packets inside his speedo (took it off and stuck them in there).

You know those littel things that come in certain packages. He said it worked. I might try it next time I have my speedo off. I get fog every now and again, mostly in cooler weather.

That drove me nuts at first too but I have sort of accepted it. It does dry out after you are in the sun and you can, as has been suggested, use a blow dryer on it if it really bothers you ( like it did me!) I had posted a while back that if I were in charge at the Moco I would make it my mission to solve once and for all that nagging condensation problem. :)

Didn't realize that it was a wide spread problem. New owner here, sorry. Thanks for all your responses.
Dan

Back