Speedometer calibration

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by ridinagain, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ridinagain

ridinagain Member

The speedometer on my 2002 Dyna seems to be about 10 MPH low (paced it with another buddy's bike). Does anyone know if the speedo can be calibrated, or do I need to buy a new one?

Thanks,
    BD

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. dago dyna

dago dyna Member

lost my speedometer a while ago, not really missin it either.

4. hungryeye

hungryeye Banned

I find my 07 fxd speedo high by about 1.5 mph @ 50 mph, call that 3%, which is better than other bikes I've owned. I find 3% handy, it keeps me just under the limit with all the picture takers here in Az. I check the speedo's on all bikes I buy with a gps. If you don't have one, borrow one to make sure. I don't know what yr HD switched to electronic but if yours is, there is a devise called a Speedo Healer that is a mini micro computer. Once you know by percent the speedo is off you just dial that into this devise and it will correct it. They make a pulg and play hookup for most bikes and a universal wire in for those they don't have plug in for. I have used this on several bikes and it works great. Just do a search on Speedo Healer, they cost about $90.

5. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Convince your buddy that it's his speedo that's off.........:lolrolling Good luck :s