free website stats program Speedometer and Odometer not working | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedometer and Odometer not working

Hey guys,

I need some help with this, I have a Heritage Classic 92 and yesterday night from nothing the speedometer and odometer just stopped, it was working properly.... Do you guys have any idea where to start looking!? The cables in the front rear looks fine...

Tks in advance,

MBiker

Tks Glider, I saw this before but I wasn`t so sure if it was for the old models, I'll check this out as soon as I leave the office.

Tks buddy, see ya.

MBiker

Hello there,

TQ, I think you're right, yesterday I couldn`t take a deep look at it(I couldn`t take the instrument panel, the chrome, off :unsure), another thing that I realized yesterday is that the automatic turn light stopped turning off with the handlebar... I got a lot of storms this week, not sure if this could be related.
Anyway, it's look like I have a lot of fun for this weekend.

Tks, Ride Safe.

Hello there,

TQ, I think you're right, yesterday I couldn`t take a deep look at it(I couldn`t take the instrument panel, the chrome, off :unsure), another thing that I realized yesterday is that the automatic turn light stopped turning off with the handlebar... I got a lot of storms this week, not sure if this could be related.
Anyway, it's look like I have a lot of fun for this weekend.

Tks, Ride Safe.

If your speedometer (and odometer) is not working, your turn signals are not going to autocancel. No indication to the module that you have gone anywhere. Find and fix the speedo problem (cable or drive unit) and your turns will work fine.

TQ

the speedo inner cable does snap normally about 1" from the drive unit indicators wont self cancell cos it cant count the distance once the cable is snapped
think 95 was the first year of electronic sensors but they cost a lot more than a cable
wife has snapped cable on all her bikes not had one snapped on me so far new cable about £10
is possible to pull the inner and replace it if you have matching set

Brian

Back