free website stats program Speedo Sensor-engine intermintant Deuce | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo Sensor-engine intermintant Deuce

pastor Frank

06 Deuce 26,000mi. Speedo went flat. Diagnostics read out speedo sensor and EFI. I replaced sensor canceled codes and rode and no codes. It now stops when starting cold and after a few miles of continuous 65mph starts to hesitate. New air filter and plugs still the same. I'm not a mechanic and new to Harley any suggestions. thank you Frank

06 Deuce 26,000mi. Speedo went flat. Diagnostics read out speedo sensor and EFI. I replaced sensor canceled codes and rode and no codes. It now stops when starting cold and after a few miles of continuous 65mph starts to hesitate. New air filter and plugs still the same. I'm not a mechanic and new to Harley any suggestions. thank you Frank

Any codes reset?

Here is another issue that may not set a code:

Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

The wifes sportster had intermittent speed sensor problems, started running rough, speedo would flat line. Turned out to be water in one of the sensor connections. Dried it out, added a little dielectric grease, been fine since.

Any codes reset?

Frank, "Any codes reset" just means if the SAME code came back after it was cleared out. Sometimes a code can be set, then cleared, and it may not come back. Sometimes they do come back quickly. How long it takes to reset the same code can give you a clue as to what is going on.

Frank, "Any codes reset" just means if the SAME code came back after it was cleared out. Sometimes a code can be set, then cleared, and it may not come back. Sometimes they do come back quickly. How long it takes to reset the same code can give you a clue as to what is going on.

No none came back. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back