free website stats program Speedo off | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo off

My speedo was reading 60 and I was doing 65 GPS after the trike conversion due to larger diameter tires. I ordered this and received it in a couple days. I set it at 8% which is what I had calculated and my speedo is right on the money now with my GPS.

Install is simple once you locate the connector. Mine was not under the seat as they indicated most were, but it's a Deuce. Everything is different on a Deuce. Just mount it somewhere where you can get to it to tweak the adjustment if you need to. Then if you ever decide to change tire size, a sprocket, or pulley, you can easily re-calibrate your speedometer. Dakota Digital makes one too but this was the cheapest I could find.

... but I can't understand why HD can't get a gauge (fuel level, fuel reserve, speedometer, odometer, oil pressure, air temperature) to read accurately...

I think it was Bill Cosby who said it best..."Noah talking to God..."

N...so with all the goings on...why make it rain for 40 days and 40 nights and just fix everything?

G...if I did that everyone would think it was a "MIRACLE"...

N...the neighbors are making fun of me...and with all the animals in there have you seen below decks in the Ark...who is going to clean up the mess?

*KaBOOM* (rolling thunder off in the distance)...then the rain starts HARD...

N......"uhhh that sounds like rain...OKAY God...just you and me...":s

I thought the initial HD warranty was 2 yrs, unlimited miles??
Nothing to do with miles, although I may be wrong again..:unsure

Yes HD has a 2 year unlimited miles warranty .

I bet that when you trade in or sell your bike the extra miles will cost you some $$$ . 2 miles extra in 40 miles = 50 miles extra per 1000 miles logged on the odometer .

My stock speedometer did read 4 mph faster then the GPS , I installed Dakota Digital Gauges now my speedometer and GPS read the same .

no wonder I get my doors blown off when cruising 70mph on the slab. I'm actually barely doing the legal speed-limit of 65. And we know ain't no one does the speed limit anymore. Get someone trapped behind going the posted speed limit and they go :panic on you, just before they do a near front fender clip on you to let you know how unhappy they are with you as they're passing.

I think it was Bill Cosby who said it best..."Noah talking to God..."

N...so with all the goings on...why make it rain for 40 days and 40 nights and just fix everything?

G...if I did that everyone would think it was a "MIRACLE"...

N...the neighbors are making fun of me...and with all the animals in there have you seen below decks in the Ark...who is going to clean up the mess?

*KaBOOM* (rolling thunder off in the distance)...then the rain starts HARD...

N......"uhhh that sounds like rain...OKAY God...just you and me...":s

Good Point!

I like mine to read a little higher than I'm going.
Won,t get a ticket that way and I still think I,m speeding :)

Some of the tuning devises such as Master Tune TTS have the ability to calibrate the speedo.

Taken from the Master Tune website:

MasterTune-HD includes the following key features:

* Save and restore the original factory calibration
* Optional multi-vehicle interface
* Allows changing of factory speedometer calibration
* Preset limits to prevent adjusting values beyond reasonable settings
* Stores original and the last table saved edits so tuner can return to previous configuration
* Comparison functions quickly identify changed regions in tables
* Adjustment of front and rear cylinder spark advance
* Adjustment of front and rear cylinder volumetric efficiency
* Allows changing factory RPM limit
* Adjust for different fuel injector flow rates
* 2-D and 3-D graphing of tables to help visualize tuning maps
* Ability to print table graphs and table values

I believe that the ThunderMax ECM allows for this change too.

Randall

no wonder I get my doors blown off when cruising 70mph on the slab. I'm actually barely doing the legal speed-limit of 65. And we know ain't no one does the speed limit anymore. Get someone trapped behind going the posted speed limit and they go :panic on you, just before they do a near front fender clip on you to let you know how unhappy they are with you as they're passing.

Now it makes sense! I was wondering about this myself. I usually run around 5 mph over, according to the speedo, yet I'm always getting passed like I'm sitting still.. I'll have to hook up the wife's gps this spring and check this out, but I think I already have my answer.

In freezing cold weather, sometimes my speedometer reads 3 mph too fast? I checked it while riding back from Las Vegas to Reno last trip. Later in the trip, it read exactly what the GPS was showing? Now I rely on the tachometer to double check the correct speed. I placed a white dot on the tack to indicate 65, 70, and 75 mph in 5th gear.

I replaced mine with a Dakota Digital and it's superbly accurate, spendy but the quality is there, also has a built in tach.

Back