free website stats program speedo no light nothing moves | Harley Davidson Forums

speedo no light nothing moves

2006 883xl speedo stopped working odometer numbers dont show no back light hand dont move. Cleaned speed sensor took back off of speedo checked wires a few of them have power.

Check all the fuses, i'm not that familiar with a sporty,does your speedo cable run to the front wheel or to the transmission? Have you checked for any codes?

No cable. Fuses all good cant get any codes it dosent come on
Sonny, im having the same problem on my 2000 FTDWG. One day it's working fine, the next it's, this.. Speedometer stuck at 30mph, only the neutral and oil light work. The gauge light is not, the engine is not, the rear brake light is not. That is a real mystery, the running light works, but not the brake light. The ignition fuse burned, but the gauge fuse is not, yet the gauge is out, and the bike starts and runs fine with no fuse in the ignition. The milage and code is not on, but before it went dead it said check the speedometer sensor that code is d01clr normally, but said d01set before it went dark. I replaced the sensor and the breaker. That didn't work, still the same. It has to be a short under the speedometer in the wiring harness, that's where i am going next. already been through this inspection several times and cant see anything that stands out, maybe its a switch or component itself that is causing this.. I have a blown ignition fuse, but its the gauges that are not working, and their fuse is fine, and where dose the brake light fall into this? It dose not seem like its in the same possible category. If you figure it out before I do drop me a line, and I will do the same when i get it.. Thanks

Back