free website stats program speedo and tach backlight | Harley Davidson Forums

speedo and tach backlight

Labow

i just recently traded my bagger for a dyna se and want to change the backlighting on the tach and speedometer from red to blue. is it possible to do it without a lot of trouble?

I'm not sure about the tach but generally the speedometers are not meant to be messed with. If you are extremly careful it is possible however. Once it's open if should be just replacing the little bulb. BE AWARE that if you mess something up then its a few hundred bucks for a new speedo. good luck

I know that there are 3-4 different colors to chose from. Mine was pre-set to the blue. I would like to know the answer to this also. I have tried just fiddling with it. But with no luck...:(

I have just fitted a combination speedo/revcounter.Acording to the instructions to adjust the color of back lighting turn ignition switch to accessory position.press and hold trip reset button ontil odometer reads color.Release the reset switch.Click the trip reset switch to scroll through avalable colors using course adjustments in +20 increments.Press and hold trip reset switch to fine tune colors.When the desired color is reached release the button leave powered for 5seconds color is set.When the color is set the word color will go out.This is how i set mine hope this helps.

I cracked mine open on a 07 FXD,im now spending 250 for a new one also the inside has led's cant replace unles you take it ti blueleds.com

i finally got my owners manual and found nothing about being able to change it,guess i'll have to live with the red

Back