free website stats program Speedo and self cancellation of blinkers stopped working. | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo and self cancellation of blinkers stopped working.

Rat665

Hello to all, this is my first time posting on this site. Have a problem with my 2001 ultra classic. I came home from work today and took the bike out for a small ride in town and noticed that my speedo needle stopped moving and sits at zero and the self cancel on blinkers quit working also and have to shut them off manually. All lights on both work and digital display on odom works too. First time owning a harley and need some tips and guidance on this matter. Any advice is welcome cause I'm learning about harley's.

Fix the speedo and the lights will again self cancel, the bike thinks you are not moving (as in just sitting at a corner) and will not cancel the signal light until it receives a signal from the speedo.

I am pretty sure anyway....

Rgards, Bill

I've been looking all around this site to get info on the speed sensor. All are saying to clean or replace sensor but where is the sensor located at and is it easy for a novice person to fix?

Don't know how to get the codes or what to do to get them and do the research on them. Will keep reading to figure this mess out....

How many miles on the scooter and what lube in the transmission? If you are "making fuzz" you might want to consider one of the site recommended lubes.

Back