free website stats program speed sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

speed sensor

can anyone tell me if an 05 dyna has a 10 volt or 5 volt speed sensor

I only know this because of an aftermarket speedo install I did last year. My bike is an 06. I saw someone with an 05 who put a digital speedo on his ride and he helped me with the install on mine. The VSS on his bike worked the same as my 06.

The OEM speedo sensor sends variable voltage from 0 - 5 volts to the several components which feed off the signals.

thanks. I bought a 2 5/8 automter speedo. and I was told if speed sensor puts out more than 5 volt I would burn out the sensor and should pu 5 volt regulator

thanks. I bought a 2 5/8 automter speedo. and I was told if speed sensor puts out more than 5 volt I would burn out the sensor and should pu 5 volt regulator

Just offering a little info about my install. I was not able to get the OEM sensor to provide a proper signal for my aftermarket speedometer. I was also concerned about messing with it too much since it also provided signals to several key sensors within the EFI electronics.

I mounted a universal sensor on the right side of the swingarm positioned so it would pick-up the passing of the rear rotor bolt heads as they rotated. Worked great.

I was wondering did you wire your speedo directly to the speed sensor. the wire that goes to the speedsender just splice it in?

I was wondering did you wire your speedo directly to the speed sensor. the wire that goes to the speedsender just splice it in?

This is what my prior post was addressing. I tried splicing into the wire from the OEM speed sensor, but could not get a signal. That is why I installed the universal sensor on the swingarm.

Back