free website stats program Speed sensor problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speed sensor problems

I think I would also go with the punch mark if I were marking a part. A sharpie mark would be gone from a little carb cleaner.

I have an 08 Heritage and have had my bike in 5or6 times and they replaced sensor, speedo. ecm. and finally they blamed it on me splicing into the assyl. wire when I hooked up my radio. I tried replacing fuses moving wires around under seat and anything I could think of. After putting up with this for about 7,000 miles I unpluged and sprayed contact cleaner on all electrical including ecm plug. not had a problem in the last 3500 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I had the sensor replaced it was done at Outpost Harley in Pueblo CO. I'm sure they pulled the codes at that time. I'll try another sensor.
Thanks
John

My opinion only but I would never assume that a dealer did anything "above and beyond" what's required to get you back out the door with your wallet a little thinner. I would at least ask if they had done this. Easy enough todo yourself anyway. And I definitely would not pay a dime for the new sensor!

You should not have to question your servicer if they did the work they claim. The replacement part take off is proof and is the reason why you are entitled to have the old parts if they replaced...it is the law in some states that parts be returned with the completed work order upon payment, unless it was returned as a core to a remanufacturer if you bought a "used" replacement part...

Last edited:
Back