free website stats program Speed Check Transmission Dipstick | Harley Davidson Forums

Speed Check Transmission Dipstick

pdh62

I have a 2014 Heritage and I purchased from the HD online-store the Speed Check Transmission Dipstick

http://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...Name=Monetate-_-Endcaps-_-PAC+PDP+Bottom#tabs

Wondering if any of you gents have purchased this item and what do you think of it......

The reason I got it was the factory dipstick is because it is located in a kinda hard "to get" space for using the 3/8" Allen wrench.
I love the quality and looks of it. Looks great on the bike...but I have a couple issues maybe you guys can help me out with.
To me the dipstick looks a tad shorter than the factory ds. Wondering if this is would be an issue and second issue is tighening it down by hand. Using no wrench, instructions calls hand tight....on my Heritage, it's a tight spot for my hands to get it down to a tightened down real snug. I believe I can get it snugged down where I will not have any problems..
And the it is very hard to see the oil level on the bright shiney chrome...LOL

Looks like a nice upgrade. Not sure how often you would need to check the trans oil. But is definitely worth it to replace a tool for your fingers.

Back