free website stats program speed and rpms | Harley Davidson Forums

speed and rpms

rperk60

i have a bone stock 2010 ultra classic. it has 2500 miles on it and this is my first Harley. Is this bike built to cruise at 80 mph or is that a bit much.. I was on the big slab today going 80 and pushing about 2900 rpms.. is that okay or am i stressing the engine...it seemed fine just need to know if i am damaging anything. i want to be able to cruise at between 70-80 mph on the interstate. what uprades do i need to get the performance i want which is to cruise easily at 75-80 mph...

On some freeways in SOCAL you have to do 80 in order to survive. Doing that speed is fine. I would recommend doing a Stage 1 kit, just to open the bike up a bit. Enjoy the ride.

Running at 2900 RPM at what, maybe 35% of throttle,,, I would say your in the Rocking Chair or Sweet Spot.

You have Plenty of flowing Air around the engine with great oil pressure at that RPM,, ,, life does not get better.:p

Running at 2900 RPM at what, maybe 35% of throttle,,, I would say your in the Rocking Chair or Sweet Spot.

You have Plenty of flowing Air around the engine with great oil pressure at that RPM,, ,, life does not get better.:p

Hoople has said it all! :D

2900rpm @ 6th gear - your bike's just getting warmed up. You shoud have no problems running the scoot at 80 on the fwy.

Read up on the TFI and maybe install on your bike.... It WILL run better and cooler too..

HMmmmmm maybe a full stage one then TFI:D

signed....BUBBIE

You're just getting warmed up. On mine it just wants to eat up some more miles at that speed. As has been said, it's the sweet spot.

Run a 5 speed at 80, and then repost your question. The "Rainmaker" is a lot over 2900 at 80, wish she had 6th gear.

Back