free website stats program spectro | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

spectro

I've found less fretting from the SE compensator using Formula+ instead of Spectro primary oil.

Ok, I am keeping formula 1 in the primary, but is spectro still the best for the transmission?

You should use a premium quality FULL synthetic GL-5 gear lube in your tranny.

As mentioned above, many of us have had good results with the Spectro 6-spd Platinum 75-140, GL-5 gear lube. It is the red colored stuff. The green stuff is the 75- 140, GL-1 gear lube which is fine for the 5-spd trannies.

TQ

Ok, I am keeping formula 1 in the primary, but is spectro still the best for the transmission?

They Charlie,

In my experience, yes, Spectro oil is the prefered choice for the transmission, the oil came out virtually the same as it went in, no filings.

I use Spectro in all 3 holes - Platinum 6 Speed in the transmission, Heavy Duty Chaincase oil in the primary and Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic 20w50 in the engine. Never had an issue with any of them.

They Charlie,

In my experience, yes, Spectro oil is the prefered choice for the transmission, the oil came out virtually the same as it went in, no filings.

Thanks, mine will be here tomorrow and it will be added this weekend. I am also going to get the syn 3 out of the engine and put Mobil 1 v-twin in there.

I am also going to get the syn 3 out of the engine and put Mobil 1 v-twin in there.

Good move to remove the Syn 3.:s

The Mobil 1 VT is a good choice too. Cant beat Spectro in the trans also, been my choice for quite a while now.

Also agree. Spectro Platinum for 6 speeds for my '08 SG. (with Baker DD7)
Baker used to advertise the fact that their trannies were shipped with a qt. of Spectro 6-speed oil.
They believe in it.
Haven't seen any of their ads of late.

Baker used to advertise the fact that their trannies were shipped with a qt. of Spectro 6-speed oil.
They believe in it.
Haven't seen any of their ads of late.

I talked to them when I got my DD7 at 43,000miles and they mentioned they weren't including the Spectro anymore but definitely recommend it. By the way, the bike has 59,000 miles and still really digging the DD7 and Spectro combination. I also installed the SE compensator with the DD7 and wow, what a combo.

Back