free website stats program Spectro | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro

I have found that amsoil is easier to get than spectro if you can believe that. non of the bike shops carry the M1 and Wal-mart stoped selling it, so it kinda comes down to amsoil or spectro for me. Wich one do you think is the best? Im kinda goofy on the fact that i like to use the same brand in all three holes rather than differnt oil and trans and primary. you know, one stop shopping.

OK. So for almost "one-stop" shoppers, here is the layout (EVOs and TCs):

Amsoil:

Engine: 20W-50 Advanced Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Product Code: MCVQT-EA
Tranny: SEVERE GEAR® Synthetic Extreme Pressure (EP) Lubricant 75W-140 (SVO) or
SEVERE GEAR® Synthetic Extreme Pressure (EP) Lubricant 75W-90 (SVG) depending on local temps
Primary: HD Formula Plus or Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil

I DO NOT USE THIS, BUT IF I WERE GOING ONLY WITH AMSOIL ONLY, I WOULD TRY:

Primary: Super Shift Racing Transmission Fluid SAE 10W Product Code: ARTQT-EA

Mobil 1:

Engine: Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50
Tranny: Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-140 or
Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90 depending on local temps
Primary: HD Formula Plus or Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil

Spectro:

Engine: Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic 20W-50
Tranny: Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil (6-spds, GL-5) or
Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic Transmission/Gear Oil (GL-1)
Primary: Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil or HD Formula Plus

Redline:
Engine: Synthetic Motor Oil 20W50
Tranny: ShockProof® Gear Oil: V-Twin Transmission Oil with ShockProof
Primary: Synthetic Gear Oils: V-Twin Primary Case Oil

You guys that use Mobil 1 in everything might have a suggestion for the Primary fluid. I just have not tried an auto transmission fluid from them in the my primaries.

TQ

I think I now why nobody uses the specto platinum motor oil now, just went and picked some up and it cost me $14.99 + tax per qt. ouch!!!!!!!

got the other day and it was the same price, had to wait till they got motor oil in today. i hope its that good.

$14.99 + tax per qt is a good price for the spectro platinum trans oil. It's closing in on $20 a quart here.

I got online yesterday with spectro online store. Picked up tranny oil & the primary oil will be shipped to the house in 3 days. Have a hard time finding it at any of the local shops. I had cycle gear in Austin order it the first time I used it. That was 50 mile away. The people I dealt with online were great to deal with. Free shipping with 100.00$ or more on order.:D I use Amsoil in the engine. Picked up a case for 9.00$ quart. The spectro tranny was 20.00$ a quart. cycle gear had at 24.00 Qt. It is expensive but you get what you pay for....

I applaud the efforts to search out the highest quality products to put into our machines. But when these threads wander off into how to save 5 or 10 bucks on a complete fluid change done a couple times a year, I have to laugh. C'mon, we all spent $15,000 and up if we bought new. Slightly less if we bought used. Baby your bike with the finest stuff you can get your hands on and don't sweat a couple bills here and there!

Back