free website stats program Spectro | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro

Mavagrand

Just purchased Spectro oil for the engine and gear oil for tranny..gonna pick up oil filter tomorrow and change it out. Heard great things about this stuff so am anxious to try it.

Just purchased Spectro oil for the engine and gear oil for tranny..gonna pick up oil filter tomorrow and change it out. Heard great things about this stuff so am anxious to try it.

You should be very happy with your choices. The only thing you may want to also consider is the primary fluid. I use the Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil in the primary, but lots of folks recommend HD Formula Plus.

Check out the other posts in the Oil section.

TQ

PS - I moved the post here to this area since it is more appropriate in this section.

I agree Glider, and I switched my tranny over to it last year. However, even though their website shows multiple dealers in my area, I have really had a hard time finding one which actually stocks the product.
I had a heck of a time finding the 6speed oil, and have had no success at all in locating the primary oil.
Even after contacting the company directly, and being assured that they would make the product available thru a certain dealer, I find that I cannot get it.
Really would be nice to have a local dealer who actually stocked the product he has chosen to represent!!
It's frustrating.

Really would be nice to have a local dealer who actually stocked the product he has chosen to represent!!
It's frustrating.

I know what you mean, there's a lot of places in my area that sell spectro and don't have the 6 speed. After 4 or 5 tries I finally found one store (Cycle Gear) to order it in when I was wanting to try it. The guy ordered in 2 quarts and I bought 1. when it was time for a change someone else had bought the second quart, so the same guy, I think he's the owner or the manager, ordered in a case. That kind of service got him a customer that not only buys that particular product but now I buy all my oil there. It's hard to find customer service anymore. :newsmile077: I can't believe how many places act like they're doing the customer a favor by selling to them!!!

Didn't work in my case, when I mentioned carrying spectro to the dealer the answer was "It aint gonna happen." That's fine by me, customer lost for the dealer, Customer gained for Cycle Gear.

Don't know what it is but, likewise, in this area the dealers don't want to carry anything but oil that the MOCO is pushing.
And, to add insult to injury, When I ask the Honda dealer (who is an authorized Spectro Dealer) about getting the 6 Speed oil, he laughed right in my face!!!!! :(

I find around here I have better luck with "nondealers" the little bike shops or Indy mechanics with little stores that sell oil and motorcycle gear make more of their money on the parts/accessories and oil that they sell than anything else. My loyalty as a customer is earned not given, and I find in my area the dealers, not just Harley, but Chevy, Ford, Honda,Suzuki, and so on, either don't care about customer relations, or just think you should buy what they offer and pay what they say.

Don't know what it is but, likewise, in this area the dealers don't want to carry anything but oil that the MOCO is pushing.
And, to add insult to injury, When I ask the Honda dealer (who is an authorized Spectro Dealer) about getting the 6 Speed oil, he laughed right in my face!!!!! :(

More markup on MOCO oil more than likely.
I hope you stuck some gum in his door lock or something.:bigsmiley20:

And why was the dealer laughing ?????????

Back