free website stats program spectro vs MOBIL 1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

spectro vs MOBIL 1

and if your running an aftermarket 6 speed, Baker Transmission who we all know and love recommend Spectro on their new 6 speeds. That should speak for itself.

I have used Harley Primary oil, Spectro, Bel Ray and now I just use cheap 85w90 Gear Oil, never noticed any difference. Just pulled gearset out and it looks fine at 115,000 miles.

This was an assumption I was making all along. I have Spectro 6-spd in my '07, I put Formula + in the wife's '09. Now I don't feel guilty that I didn't order her a quart of expensive oil.

Has someone performed a scientifically controlled test to see the difference? I mean really!

This was an assumption I was making all along. I have Spectro 6-spd in my '07, I put Formula + in the wife's '09. Now I don't feel guilty that I didn't order her a quart of expensive oil.

Has someone performed a scientifically controlled test to see the difference? I mean really!

Hes talking a 5 speed not 6 speed .. the 6 speed uses smaller bearings then the 5 and also a different gear set.. No scientifically controlled test for me .. but i have seen what the bearing look like in the 6 when they go

Hes talking a 5 speed not 6 speed .. the 6 speed uses smaller bearings then the 5 and also a different gear set.. No scientifically controlled test for me .. but i have seen what the bearing look like in the 6 when they go

5 or 6 spd; any oil tests? Will her (my wife's) tranny go before mine? I am going to bet that it doesn't. I knew what he was talking about, that wasn't my point.:wall

I still don't understand why you need a special additive for heli cut gears. The diff in a car has heli cut gears

I still don't understand why you need a special additive for heli cut gears. The diff in a car has heli cut gears

I don't profess to be an oil expert, but I do know that I tried HD oils and Castrol 75/140 and my 6 speed was noisy. I posted about that early on in this forum. After I switched to Spectro it became smooth and quiet,so I am a believer:D

Back