free website stats program spectro vs MOBIL 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

spectro vs MOBIL 1

00BUCKSHOT

know everybody says mobil1 is great unlless you have a 6speed then you need spectro
why in the world would 5 or 6 speed make any difference
this baffels my mind could anybody explain what the advantage of spectro in a 6 speed
now i'm not saying spectro is not good gear oil
just wanna know whats the deal with spectro and 6 speeds
ohhhh can you run it in 5speeds?

know everybody says mobil1 is great unlless you have a 6speed then you need spectro
why in the world would 5 or 6 speed make any difference
this baffels my mind could anybody explain what the advantage of spectro in a 6 speed
now i'm not saying spectro is not good gear oil
just wanna know whats the deal with spectro and 6 speeds
ohhhh can you run it in 5speeds?

This thread can answer pretty much any questions you may have...

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

yea i've herd that bud but my thing is gears are gears does the 6speed temps get higher than the 5 and need alittle extra ?

Can't say I know the details, but I listened to the advice here and once I switched to Spectro, I was a believer. No longer is it hard to shift into neutral and no longer does the bike stick in Neutral when shifting to 2nd, a problem I had on occassion before. One change is all you need.

well i used regular old rev-tech gear oil since i bought my bike new
and the last oil change i switched to MOBIL 1 gear oil
now my tranny never got hung or mad noise with the rev-tech
only thing i noticed was smoother shifting when i put the MOBIL 1 in
my tranny is a 5speed

Try the spectro GL1 which is for 5 speeds and get that engine oil out of the trans.:s

You'll see a world of difference.

Try the spectro GL1 which is for 5 speeds and get that engine oil out of the trans.:s

You'll see a world of difference.

I have used Harley Primary oil, Spectro, Bel Ray and now I just use cheap 85w90 Gear Oil, never noticed any difference. Just pulled gearset out and it looks fine at 115,000 miles.

Back