free website stats program Spectro oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro oil

Here is a link to the online store for Spectro oil. Performance Oil Store - MOTUL Authorized Dealer
I use both the 6 speed oil & primary oil. Both are excellant products:worthy:worthy

any HD store that does after market from Zodiac can get you full spectro service kits thats all 3 holes and filter on the dyna's up and filter and 2 holes on sporties

http://www.zodiac.nl/en/catalog/bbook36/20.pdf

Thanks guys for the info, problem sorted. I had tried a lot of searches myself but for whatever reason could'nt find a supplier here.

Re: Spectro oil - Partial Thread Jack

So its going to be like 50 degrees or above the next few days here in Northern Virginia so I stopped a few minutes ago at the dealership and picked up all my new fluids and o-rings and gaskets and whatnot for an all three fluids change. They didnt have any Spectro engine oil but they did have the Spectro tranny fluid and the guy brought out a jug of the GL-5. I looked at it and specifically asked the 5 guys behind the counter if I could use the GL-5 instead of the GL-1 in my 5 speed tranny. The guys said sure...the weights were the same and it was just a slight formula change for helical gears in the 6 speeds but it would not hurt my 5 speed. They also mentioned that the GL-1 was green and the GL-5 was red like it was an important fact. Are these true statements or was there some serious smoke blowing going on??

I have been to four local dealers to buy the GL1 and they only had the GL5. With the information from Glider and Smitty I am going to get the GL5 and make the change from the Syn 3. The few extra dollars are worth the protection. Thanks for the information!

I have been to four local dealers to buy the GL1 and they only had the GL5. With the information from Glider and Smitty I am going to get the GL5 and make the change from the Syn 3. The few extra dollars are worth the protection. Thanks for the information!

Smitty....Smitty...Look , we saved another soul :D

Just Ordered GL-5 from Bobs which even with shipping beats any price can find close by not that wouldn't pay it if needed it right away. But going to try this in the Tranny at 10K ( Got 9K+ now ) Had Good luck with Amsoil Severe Gear 75W110 as far as shifting smoothly, but since switched to true duals am hearing the 5th gear whine louder and clearer and going to give this a shot and hope improves it .. Can always go back if not happy..

Since you are running a 6 speed why go with the GL5? I run the Spectro platinum for 6 speeds and it makes a world of difference

hd6speed.jpg

I think most of us will agree that there is a lot of hyperbole floating around about oil, especially in Harleys. As a newcomer I've had a tough time getting to the truth. I see a lot of AMSOIL promotions, some say "only use dino in your shovel," etc. etc.

This site is the first I've come across that promotes Spectro - so what is the basis for the heavy endorsement? It seems to be driven by member testimonials rather than marketing hype. Should I pick up some 60W for the old shovel's next change, or is this mostly a synthetic for newer bikes? Help me Obewan Kenobe, you're my only hope. :p

Back