free website stats program Spectro Oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro Oil

I pay about $10.00 a quart. I get from my local Indy. Never heard of it until 6 months ago. It will be all I use in my bike from now on.

I was not judging the quality of the product...just the price..I thought this must be some good stuff...or is this is just another dealer giving it to the consumer!

$20 is a bit high but it is a good product, besides it's only one Qt needed and most don't service the trans as often as the engine oil.

All shops in Central fl no longer carry it. I also was disappointed with the performance of the Spectro Heavy Duty Primary lube in my sportster. With exact same miles on the spectro as the prior changes it has 2 to 3x the amount of stuff on the magnetic plug. I will not purchase it again.

No idea how their synthetic gear lubes perform. I did put the 75 140 spectro in my neighbors 07 night train so I will comment on that when I change it again. He did comment that thus far shifting and sound are favorable over the 20/50.

spectro Gl-1 is the best stuff i have used , really made a difference over the fresh harley tranny oil I put in , will never change to anything else , as glider has mentioned u need the GL-5 in the 6 speed the rest use the GL-1 , real smooth shifting

You can actually use the GL 5 in both but it has additives that serve no purpose in the 5 speeds but it will not hurt either.

Back