free website stats program Spectro GL5 - very impressed | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro GL5 - very impressed

dangerdan

I took a ride today with Specro GL6 in the tranny. Impressive. Down shifting not as noisy but up shifting is effortless. I was impressed with that precision click as you shift. Finding neutral was also better.

I would definately use Spectro again.

I also used Bel Ray 10-50 in the engine. Even though there were no metal shavings with the Quaker State I will continue to use the Bel Ray as it has better viscosity at colder tempertures.

The Primary also got replaced with Bel Ray Primary oil. I found the Bel Ray was more fluid than the Harley stuff and also noticed that clutch operation was alot smoother.

Re: Spectro GL6 - very impressed

Did you mean GL5? You can use the GL1 in your trans too. The GL5 is for 6 speeds but it can be used in 5 speeds also. The GL6 is basically for the helical gears in the 6 speed transmissions.

Re: Spectro GL6 - very impressed

I just did my 5000 mile service. I was unable to find neutral and it was driving me nuts. I did a lot of reading and remember how smooth the tranny was on my softail. I put Spectro Platinum 75W90 in the transmission, and Redline Primary Case Oil in the primary. Everything is silky smooth and as stated above I get that satisfying click vice the clunk. I can also find neutral either up or down, even at a full stop.

Back