free website stats program Spectro gets A+ | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro gets A+

porkchop

Hey SMITTY901

I just put in the Spectro plattinum in my engine and it could just be me but it realy seamed to help quite my top end down even further after i installed the baisley spring. So far i think this may be better than the amsoil. Hope i didnt offend any one. Done the spring while on amsoil and it helped the valvetrain quite a bit but now the noise is gone with spectro.

Spectro is great stuff! Are you using their transmission oil, too?
I went out and bought 20 litres of Mobil 75w-150 FULL SYNTHETIC gearbox oil because i was told that was all it came in!If i change my gearbox oil once a year for the next 22 years,i'll STILL have some left!Plus i'll probably be dead.(old age.)

About 2 weeks after i bought this drum,i discovered a Brisbane agent for Spectro oils.
This is a true story,and NO names have been changed to protect the innocents.

Spectro is great stuff! Are you using their transmission oil, too?
Yes i have the 6 speed gear oil but have not put it in yet, I have amsoil 75/110 in it right now with only about 2500 miles on the oil,so i was going to wait a while longer to change it out.

Yes i have the 6 speed gear oil but have not put it in yet, I have amsoil 75/110 in it right now with only about 2500 miles on the oil,so i was going to wait a while longer to change it out.

Trans oil is good stuff.. I also use their primary Oil also.. haven't tried the Engine oil yet still using Mobile 1 Vtwin till i run out then might switch

Trans oil is good stuff.. I also use their primary Oil also.. haven't tried the Engine oil yet still using Mobile 1 Vtwin till i run out then might switch
I am currently using Castrol 4T MC 10/40 in the primary.I hear of alot of people that stick with dino in there primary but maybe syn would be bettter.:bigsmiley24:

Looking in the general oil polls ongoing it looks like dino (non synthetic) is used where the clutch resides due to the fact it is too slippery, shortening it's life.

Even metric performance circles use it as they mostly have engine oil, clutch, valvetrain gear/tranny oil all in one hole. Just change it often...if use is in "mixed company". :small3d019:

Looking in the general oil polls ongoing it looks like dino (non synthetic) is used where the clutch resides due to the fact it is too slippery, shortening it's life.

Even metric performance circles use it as they mostly have engine oil, clutch, valvetrain gear/tranny oil all in one hole. Just change it often...if use is in "mixed company". :small3d019:
I have allways changed engine and primary at the same time and the trans every other. 2500 and 5000

To be honest, I've probably changed my tranny oil more by accident than I have on purpose because of the two drain plugs next to each other!:22:

BigLew, confession is good for the soul...bet you didn't realize HDT included Biker Therapy -- "Reading After the Ride"...:bigsmiley24:

Last edited:
Back