free website stats program Spectro 75/140 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro 75/140

Is Chopper a dealer for Spectro? The place I was getting it closed their doors so I'm looking for a new supplier. Would like to get it from a friend and someone from the forum.

Is Chopper a dealer for Spectro? The place I was getting it closed their doors so I'm looking for a new supplier. Would like to get it from a friend and someone from the forum.

I am pretty sure you can get it from him, post the Question on his face book page I bet you Sue or Chopper will answer right away:s

Is the Spectro 75/140 oil OK to use at around 30-40 degrees in upstate NY? That was my concern and went with 75/90 Moble 1 instead in my six speed. I just wasn't sure the 140 was thin enough. Anyone with any cold temp. experience?

Thanks

Ken

Is the Spectro 75/140 oil OK to use at around 30-40 degrees in upstate NY? That was my concern and went with 75/90 Moble 1 instead in my six speed. I just wasn't sure the 140 was thin enough. Anyone with any cold temp. experience?

Thanks

Ken

Glider or Smitty can probably chime in with the colder weather results, I would think you should be fine IMO, I ran straight STP in my 60 FL tranny because it leaked so bad:s

The Spectro works fine in cold weather. The 75w is what counts in the cold and the 140 is for in the heat. I was riding in 30 degree weather today and it shifted just fine.

Thank you both for the rapid replies. That is what I thought, but my thinking has gotten me trouble before.

I have one more quick question if I may. I used Mobil 1 syn 75/90 and found it too clear to read easily on the stick. I switched back to Hugos Syn3 because it was a little more amber in color. How is the Spectro color wise? OK three questions. Is it easy to read on the HD dip stick?

Again I thank you all for your time.

Ride Safe

Ken

Hey Steve, Thanks again for the reply. My mistake I switched back to formula + in the trans not Syn3. I guess I will be ordering some Spectro to change it again. I wanted to put Spectro in this summer, but I wasn't sure about the cold fall riding with it in.

Thanks again

Ken

Back