free website stats program Spectro 6 Speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro 6 Speed

Thanks, but that's another product that is hard to get.

Mobil gear oil is all I found so far and that may be my only choice.:bigsmiley15:

I prefer Spectro but Mobil is a good product.

Nothing at all wrong with the Mobil gear oil. I have used redline, Mobil and now the spectro and found that with the spectro that it seems a bit smoother than the others.

After reading many posts about how good the new Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6 Speed Transmission fluid is, I made up my mind to switch to it. Spectro's website was marginally helpful as far as ordering it but it did tell me that a Spectro dealer was near my house, so off I went. Turns out it's a motorcycle tire shop that also sells some accessories and they did have Spectro oils but for the engine and not the new 6 speed fluid.

Had a great discussion with Ken, the owner, and he ends up calling his distributor in South Carolina while I'm in the shop with him. Orders a couple quarts for me and, boom, they arrive one day later. Best part is, he says he's not looking to make a lot of money off his oil sales, tires are his main thing, so he sells them to me for $11.50 a quart! I even told his wife that everyone online was talking about paying up to $16.

The lesson I've learned from this is it really pays to establish a relationship with your local stores versus always heading to the "big box" places. I know my first stop when I need to shop around for tires someday!

Sorry folks newby question. I just bought my new dyna with 7K on it from Canada . Should I change the Transmition fluid to this type?

I would say yes depending on the year of your bike, either the GL5 for the 6 speed or the GL 1 for the 5 speed. You can use the GL5 in a 5 speed also, just not needed with the extra additives.

Fill in they year of your bike in your profile for future references.:hii

Turns out it's a motorcycle tire shop that also sells some accessories and they did have Spectro oils...

Are you talking about Ken's Motorcycle Tires? He's a great guy. thinking of getting my next set of tires from him. Have you used him for those?

Are you talking about Ken's Motorcycle Tires? He's a great guy. thinking of getting my next set of tires from him. Have you used him for those?

That's the one. I got a new rear tire from him when I got a screw in mine. He thought I was nuts for not putting a tube in it and keeping the tire, but hey, it's my money and my skin, right?

I'm in North Carolina right at the South Carolina line. By any chance did the shop owner say where in SC the distributor was located?

Back