free website stats program Spectro 6 Speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro 6 Speed

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
After reading many posts about how good the new Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6 Speed Transmission fluid is, I made up my mind to switch to it. Spectro's website was marginally helpful as far as ordering it but it did tell me that a Spectro dealer was near my house, so off I went. Turns out it's a motorcycle tire shop that also sells some accessories and they did have Spectro oils but for the engine and not the new 6 speed fluid.

Had a great discussion with Ken, the owner, and he ends up calling his distributor in South Carolina while I'm in the shop with him. Orders a couple quarts for me and, boom, they arrive one day later. Best part is, he says he's not looking to make a lot of money off his oil sales, tires are his main thing, so he sells them to me for $11.50 a quart! I even told his wife that everyone online was talking about paying up to $16.

The lesson I've learned from this is it really pays to establish a relationship with your local stores versus always heading to the "big box" places. I know my first stop when I need to shop around for tires someday!

Wow Doc! If I'm going through GA, I'm stocking up. I'm paying close to $19 a quart, I do have 2 choices to get it though, & between the 2 shops, I can generally get it. I'm trying to get a couple of other shops to order it, but so far, they haven't came through for me. Good job.

Why do I get the feeling this good deal may not last if he finds out what everyone else is charging?

I want this oil really bad and my bike told me it needs it. I agree with dealing with your local shops. I was having the same problem with using Spectro dealer locator only to find out that they sell Spectro but not what I need but they said they can order it. SO, I went to my friends at Cycle Stop in Norristown, PA ( I have been dealing with them since I was 14) and I asked them to use their resources and get some of this for me. I just have to be patient even though I don't want to be but I would rather give my money to my local shop who has always gone above and beyond in helping me with my cycle needs.

If this product is as good as all the reviews I've been reading on this forum, it's inevitable that it's availability will quickly improve. For now we need to show our appreciation to these local shops who are making the effort to get it for us. Then, when it starts showing up in Wally World (what my kids call Wal Mart) and all the HD dealerships at $20 a quart, we can't forget about continuing to support where we got it in the first place.

Hey Doc, we did the oil changes on the hubby's bike last week and put in the Spectro GL1. We finally got to go on a decent ride today, so after we returned & swapped for the truck, I asked him what he thought. Since he hasn't paid a lot of attention with the before & after, (that's been mainly me :D) I was curious to see what he thought. He actually admitted that he thought it was a little quieter, (less klunky in my terms) and that he felt that it was maybe even a bit smoother. Hope it works well for you. Unfortunately, we didn't know what came out since we took the bikes into a local shop in WV last year for service.

Hey Doc, we did the oil changes on the hubby's bike last week and put in the Spectro GL1. We finally got to go on a decent ride today, so after we returned & swapped for the truck, I asked him what he thought. Since he hasn't paid a lot of attention with the before & after, (that's been mainly me :D) I was curious to see what he thought. He actually admitted that he thought it was a little quieter, (less klunky in my terms) and that he felt that it was maybe even a bit smoother. Hope it works well for you. Unfortunately, we didn't know what came out since we took the bikes into a local shop in WV last year for service.

That's what I keep hearing. Haven't seen a single post I can recall where someone wasn't happy with it, other than the price. Can't wait to get it into mine.

I'm here in Ontario,Canada. After reading about Spectro Platinium on this forum. I decided to contact Spectro to see where I could find a distributor , they gave me a contact distributor, I think it was called Full Bore . They hooked me up with a dealer (a little custom bike shop) right in town, who never heard of Spectro, but would order it in for me (through Full Bore). So I decided to order 2 litres of it. Cost me $25.00/litre, I guess, I'am going to have to feed a lot of people to get this stuff.

Has anyone else in Toronto found Spectro for a reasonable price? If so PLEASE post THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
rkc06 I live in Hamilton Ontario.... got the same info you have regarding Fullbore...

I am also looking for Spectro.. But I will not pay $25 per litre.

I may have to use an alternative tranny fluid. If I find Spectro at resonable price I will post.. But not holding my breath :17:

Back