free website stats program Speakers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speakers

i think for the 18.00 difference it'd be foolish to buy the alleged refurbs at tigerdirect.....JMO

I agree. It was just interesting to see that big a discount in these speakers. Not sure what "refurbished" would really be on these anyway.

I bought my Pioneers at Walmart. The stores here stopped carrying them saying they were no longer available. But I have seen them in other parts of Texas and Louisiana. So I am not sure that is really the case. They are under $40/pr.

I installed mine in '06. These speakers have GREAT sound with the tweeters built in. As I said, I have them in both front and rear on my bike.

TQ

Hog Tunes sound really good.

I went with the complete kit (speakers, amp and tweeter pod) which ran about $400.00 altogether.

The speakers alone are a good upgrade but the amp and tweeter pod take the sound quality to a whole new level. The tweeter pod looks really sharp once installed as well. Looks like it was part of the dash from the factory.

No matter which speakers you go with, as already stated, the install is pretty straight forward and the front of the fairing comes off pretty easy.

If you are gonna do it yourself, I would suggest investing in the factory shop manual to help you out. The manual isn't cheap but if you do any wrenching, it will pay for itself many times over.

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I ran right out to Walmart and bought the Pioneers. They were easy to install and sound better than stock. And you sure can't beat the $38 price.

Good deal... Don't foget the insulation too...makes a big differnce.. I used water pipe insl. with plastic back, you can wrap it around pretty easy and used that gorrilla duck tape to make an encloser works great!!!!!!!!!!!!:s

Back