free website stats program Speakers | Harley Davidson Forums

Speakers

dd1228

I need to replace a bad front speaker on my 02 FLHTC. Any suggestions? I see on ebay something called HogTunes. What do yall think?

I suggest that you contact Pez at Hogtunes. I think that he gives a 10% discount to forum members. I have Hogtunes on my bike, they work well and come with a 20 year warranty but Pez will tell you not to buy from eBay because of resellers and he wouldn't honour warranty.
kemo

I really like my Hogtunes speakers. Put them in last winter & they're 100x better than stock HD. J&M is another good brand, but they're a bit more expensive. I think you'll be pleased w/HT's.

I am another Hogtunes fan. Great products.

As Kemo says they do warn about eBay fraud. Below is the eBay warning that Hogtunes gives about buying their products on eBay...

Hogtunes eBAY WARNING!

really glad you posted about the possibility of e-bay speakers being "seconds"and the fact there is no warranty .I was about to order some for about 90.00.I'll pay a little more to hogtunes and know they are right and have a warranty

I used J&M speakers, bought them through Biktronics, sound awsome I used the 6.5" up-grade speakers, they also sell the Hogtunes tweeter pod. They offer military discounts with free shipping in the continental U.S.

Did you guys with Hogtunes install the system yourself? If so how difficult was it and does Hogtunes have dealers around the states who install these systems? I wasn't able to find anything on their website concerning this.

Thanks

Did you guys with Hogtunes install the system yourself? If so how difficult was it and does Hogtunes have dealers around the states who install these systems? I wasn't able to find anything on their website concerning this.

Thanks

RetNavyHD; Yes - not a hard project at all & good time to check your fairing supports b/c they've been prone to cracking. HT's are direct "plug-n-play" and extremely easy install. There's a detailed post showing how to take off outer fairing & from there it's all tools & plug/unplig. Few cautions are to cover front fender so you don't damage, easy on the screws - they can strip/poke through & disconnect battery (like instructions state) so you don't zap anything. Good Luck!

Pioneer at Walmart $ 38.00 puy some imsulation behind them and they will jam... My buddy has tha J&M and he wished he would have got the Pioneers.. JMO...:)

i think for the 18.00 difference it'd be foolish to buy the alleged refurbs at tigerdirect.....JMO

Back