Speakers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by dd1228, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dd1228

dd1228 Active Member

I need to replace a bad front speaker on my 02 FLHTC. Any suggestions? I see on ebay something called HogTunes. What do yall think?

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I suggest that you contact Pez at Hogtunes. I think that he gives a 10% discount to forum members. I have Hogtunes on my bike, they work well and come with a 20 year warranty but Pez will tell you not to buy from eBay because of resellers and he wouldn't honour warranty.
    kemo

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I really like my Hogtunes speakers. Put them in last winter & they're 100x better than stock HD. J&M is another good brand, but they're a bit more expensive. I think you'll be pleased w/HT's.

5. motor

motor Active Member

really glad you posted about the possibility of e-bay speakers being "seconds"and the fact there is no warranty .I was about to order some for about 90.00.I'll pay a little more to hogtunes and know they are right and have a warranty

6. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

I used J&M speakers, bought them through Biktronics, sound awsome I used the 6.5" up-grade speakers, they also sell the Hogtunes tweeter pod. They offer military discounts with free shipping in the continental U.S.

7. RetNavyHD

RetNavyHD Member

Did you guys with Hogtunes install the system yourself? If so how difficult was it and does Hogtunes have dealers around the states who install these systems? I wasn't able to find anything on their website concerning this.

Thanks

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

RetNavyHD; Yes - not a hard project at all & good time to check your fairing supports b/c they've been prone to cracking. HT's are direct "plug-n-play" and extremely easy install. There's a detailed post showing how to take off outer fairing & from there it's all tools & plug/unplig. Few cautions are to cover front fender so you don't damage, easy on the screws - they can strip/poke through & disconnect battery (like instructions state) so you don't zap anything. Good Luck!

9. lakeforktx

lakeforktx Active Member

10. motor

motor Active Member

i think for the 18.00 difference it'd be foolish to buy the alleged refurbs at tigerdirect.....JMO