free website stats program Speakers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speakers

Got Hogtunes speakers for my 09 SG on EBay for $84 (new). Can't beat that deal...J&M are a tad more expensive, but not sure they're better quality. I'm just looking for little better sound than stock & not a loud music fan while riding. Like to hear the road sounds along the way.

I can't remember what the specific warning was about, but the Hogtunes website strongly discourages buying their products on Ebay. Something about warranty returns being reboxed and finding their way back into the market.

Thinking of changing my speakers out for something better, heard alot about Hogtunes (but what one?) and J&M new 7.25" what everyone think. This is for my 09 Street Glide with stock raido and no amp.

The search feature above will provide you with some good starting points on this consideration. See the following:

Speakers....the dirty low-down...please! - Harley Davidson Community
Street Glide fairing speakers - Harley Davidson Community
Hogtunes - Radio Problem - Harley Davidson Community
Speakers: Hog Tunes vs. JM - Harley Davidson Community
Hog Tunes Stereo - Harley Davidson Community
After market speakers and amp - Harley Davidson Community

More generally, you might want to look through here:

Communications And Radio - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Thinking of changing my speakers out for something better, heard alot about Hogtunes (but what one?) and J&M new 7.25" what everyone think. This is for my 09 Street Glide with stock raido and no amp.

When I did my oil temperature gauge last year, I installed a layer of Dynamat on the inside of my front fairing: I had Hog Tunes in for a couple of years but the Dynamat gave me a bit more in the mid range: I think it was worth the $25 and time...

It is sound absorbing material. You can stick it to the backside of metal panels which keeps sound waves from just bouncing off the panel. Used in the automotive stereo field to line door panels and the inside of trunks. It's about 1/4" thick and sticky backed.

Back