free website stats program Speakers: Hog Tunes vs. J&M | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speakers: Hog Tunes vs. J&M

check into the ARC audio upgrade packages. If you would like more information pm me.

Thanks - if you're the gentleman from Oklahoma, I already spoke to you on the phone last month and got good advice on the Dynaxorb stuff (did I spell that right?). I already bought my J&M speakers - waiting for things to settle down after the holidays to begin my winter projects. Sometime in the future I may reconsider the whole amp/radio/speakers thing but for now, I'm happy!

There are a lot of marine speakers on the market that are better and less expensive than any of the bike speakers. And they are imperial sizes so they fit in the fairing without modification.We have been at a few bbq's where they have asked us to turn on our stereo because the house system is inadequate!

Last edited:
Good deal as long as you are happy than that is all that matters. Whether you buy something from me or not. I am hear to help.

So, has anyone heard the j&m 3-ways? i have the standard stereo and speakers in my e/g classic, and after adjusting the avc i dont have any problems with volume on the highway, just quality. i have no intention of getting into amps or anything, just want to improve sound quality in the high and low frequencies when i turn up the radio. from what i've seen, the j&m 3-ways are only about $25 more than the hog tunes speakers.
any input?

Just for the record, speaker amp technology is not as big a deal as the old days. Part of the reason is BOSE developed the subwoofer and active crossover amp designs to a fine degree so that now the primary speakers can handle the mids and highs and not have to deal with bass frequency voice coil/cone destruction a full range speaker usually faces should be a thing of the past, and is standard fare on 5.1 type multi-channel stereo systems... yeah I know what your think'in my fairing only has two speakers, why bring up 5.1? Because this is how home stereos can sound so good yet only have need 50-75W per channel amps?...because they use efficient drivers for the mids and highs with active electronic crossover amps operating in their optimum frequency/amplifier sweet spots.

It is too much to expect a single small diameter speaker driver to produce bone crushing bass and shrill mids and screaming highs thru a 3 or 4" speaker driver without compromises. Add to it the rain and sun environment, the one with the more rugged design wins. If there was a way to move the bass to a subwoofer in the fairing (bass is not directional anyway), you could crank up the volume for the mids and highs, the sonic quality would be vastly improved without distortion or damage to your left and right speakers. Do either the Hog Tunes or J&M speaker amp systems offer this technical active crossover design, that would probably be the real decision maker, as most modern stereos use this set up to get great sound out of small drivers and low power mid & high freq amps...leaving the high power amp to the subwoofer. Not having experience with either one, I would say the one to best use modern technology wins...JMO

Last edited:
I added the Hogtunes Speakers/Amp on the Road Glide and I tell you what an Improvement over Stock, I will look into adding Rear Speakers also to My Detachable Tour Pack. I would add this to the Bike, do it right the First Time!

I now have eight Hogtunes speakers on my 05 Ultra with the Amp. running the Fairing Lower glove box speakers and the Tweeter Pod. The sound is great and I don't have to go over the half way settings for volume, treble or base. Now Led Zepplin sounds just like the concert I saw in 1977.

A little dissapointed with our 2nd set of Hogtunes.While installing them on the wifes scoot I noticed it.There it was....the sticker, made in China!

j&m speakers sound great but the service is very poor i have a set of handle bar mount j&m seakers they went out just under two year and when i sent them back to have repaired they said they had been tamperd with witch was not true. when i got them back i opened them up to find the part they said was tamperd with was done by them . so i can tell tou the owner of j&m is very rude and a jerk

Back