free website stats program Speakers for Heritage?? So many to chose from | Harley Davidson Forums

Speakers for Heritage?? So many to chose from

sampson80

Looking for a sound system for my 2011 Heritage. I have heard the Boom system in the HD dealership but of course that is in a building with no outside noise or 70mph wind. They did sound really good though. Problem is I cannot find anywhere the Watts of the Boom setup. Anyone??? I have also been looking at the 150w per speaker set up from DMG (online). Just a tad cheaper but with 300 total watts, I have to believe it would sound pretty good at highway speed. Input?

Looking for a sound system for my 2011 Heritage. I have heard the Boom system in the HD dealership but of course that is in a building with no outside noise or 70mph wind. They did sound really good though. Problem is I cannot find anywhere the Watts of the Boom setup. Anyone??? I have also been looking at the 150w per speaker set up from DMG (online). Just a tad cheaper but with 300 total watts, I have to believe it would sound pretty good at highway speed. Input?

Boom! Audio Amplifier | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

I have two scoots. One with just a windshield (like a Heritage) and the other with the bat wing fairing. I tried speakers on the windshield model. The type that had a speaker housings that were actually the same housing thats used for the spot lamps. very hard to hear the base, where as you can hear mainly the treble. On the bat wing fairing. That sounded fine when sitting there or if you ran with stock exhaust. But at 70 MPH and especially if your wearing a half helmet it was still hard to hear the clarity of the music. Even though I had added an amplifier and 4 more speakers. It had the two in the fairing. but I put 2 more in my lower's glove boxes and 2 more behind me. Bottom line is. I should have saved my money and hooked up an Ipod and speakers in my helmet.

zoood

Sampson: I have the boom system on my Heritage , I like it and the bass is hard to hear at 70mph. I have used an ipod and a sony walkman on this system, and I've discovered that the ipod is noticeably louder and sounded better than the walkman. The ipod nano is the only one with fm radio though, and easy to lose because it is so small. stuck with the walkman right now.

JMO but I would not want speakers on my FLSTC. I enjoy the sound of the bike. If I do want tunes I use my ear buds and I-pod. Sound quality this way beats speakers anytime. JMO

I have a Reckless fairing. I installed a 50w per channel Kenwood stereo with 2 Polk Audio DB series 6.5" speakers. I can hear it clear as day up to 90 mph with a half helmet. It does start losing bottom end over about 65, I have had friends in cars following tell me that they could hear the music a hundred feet behind me @ 50 mph.

most guys I have seen use their ipods. Depending on the state you live in, they can ticket you, here it's $124, or so I've been told. I don't have one. On my Ultra I upgraded the fairing speakers with J&M 7.25s. I'm not into loud music, just want to hear my talk radio at highway speeds and these work well for me.

Back