free website stats program speakers cutting out on 2010 ultra w amped stereo | Harley Davidson Forums

speakers cutting out on 2010 ultra w amped stereo

buddha1

When Im riding after about 2 min the speakers cut out. Turn the 3 way switch from speaker A to speakerB they come right back on then cut out 2min later. Go back to speaker A they work for another 2 min. did self diag on radio and found no fault codes. Problem only happens while riding. Tried to repeat prob while standing still by shaking harrness as many places as I could get to and couldnt get it to repeat prob. Any help would be appretiated, its driving me nuts hitting the switch every couple of min just to listen to the radio..

I'll be the first to state the obvious - it's a 2010 and still under warranty - get it to the dealer and get it fixed to your satisfaction!

I have a 2006 Ultra that had the same problem and finally one day this spring there is nothing coming from the speakers ALTHOUGH I have all radio through the headsets. I did the lasted radio software update to 8.xxx but I still have no speaker volume. All wiring from the AMP through the frame is free of any crimped, broken wires so I am going to remove the fairing and check for bad connections at the radio or where the harness from the AMP connects. Any other ideas? My radio is out of warrenty and $600 + to replace the radio is not in my budget this year. aj :(

When Im riding after about 2 min the speakers cut out. Turn the 3 way switch from speaker A to speakerB they come right back on then cut out 2min later. Go back to speaker A they work for another 2 min. did self diag on radio and found no fault codes. Problem only happens while riding. Tried to repeat prob while standing still by shaking harrness as many places as I could get to and couldnt get it to repeat prob. Any help would be appretiated, its driving me nuts hitting the switch every couple of min just to listen to the radio..

Might want to check the 3way switch.

My friend has almost the same problem 2006 sound comes on then goes off.
Has the latest updates in the radio. And he gets a code Diag. B2017 along with FL speaker open. Can anyone help.

I had a 2006 Street Glide that I added an aftermarket amp. Had the same problem. The power stayed on but no sound. Would turn off the power to re-boot the stereo and it would play for about 5 min and then go silent again, but the power was still on and the unit was lit. I had the stereo replaced under waranty with a refurbished unit and the new unit did the same thing. HD blamed the amp, the amp manufacturer told me they hear a lot of problems with the HK HD unit. Not sure who to believe.

i have the same problem as you buddha 1 - any new info re: the speakers cutting out?
was it the 3 way switch? any suggestions would be appreciated

Back