Speakers and amp for ipod

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by Mardayo, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mardayo

Mardayo Member

I have a 2002 FLHT, there is no radio or speakers in it. I would like to put speakers in it for my ipod and have been told that I need a amp to power the speakers. So what I'm looking for is a kit (if thats what I need) to make this happen. I have no plans to put a radio in, just want to use my ipod. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Animal

Animal Active Member

Well I think you may have trouble getting just an amp. Your best bet is to get a radio and then just use the AUX setting with your ipod plugged in. I use Hogtune speakers (eight of them) and love the sound they put out.

3. dfbales

dfbales Active Member

4. BOBFLHTC

BOBFLHTC Active Member

If you search for "Motorcycle stereo" in Ebay you will get plenty of hits for a Amp. Good searching - Bob

5. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

I looked around for the same thing but then ended up getting a radio with a USB port so I didn't have to haul the ipod around. Crutchfield has lots of stuff for good prices, I shopped locally and compared prices and got an Alpine IDA X200 with Polk Audio speakers for 300.00 them. The system sounds great and all I have to do is plug in my thumb drive and go.

6. Mardayo

Mardayo Member

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to check out Crutchfield.

7. nhk750

nhk750 Active Member

Jumping Jimminey! Those things are $500! I have been looking at the Cycle Sounds stuff, they start at around $350 and up. Still kinda pricey though and I am still trying to find out if they work well or not.

8. cmohr

cmohr Member

I own a 2001 Electra Glide standard, I did found a amp on ebay that is small and has an input for your I-pod, it pushes 250w per channel.
    Amp:$30, HD Speakers: $25, 32G I pod (knock off): $60
    Total: $115
    SOUNDS GREAT!!

9. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Go to the HOGTUNES web site and chech out their handlebar system. I purchased the Matrix2 and installed it on my softail, great system.

10. hd_rider

hd_rider New Member

i use the The UNiQ Cycle Sounds® Classic Edition™ speaker system for over one year and SOUNDS GREAT!!