free website stats program Spark Plugs | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plugs

Alright man, I'm just going to drop that new Supercharged 300+ HP 1000cc Kawasaki mill in my sled! I'm going to polish all the Aluminum and Chrome out all the metal!

You'll all be able to see that shine blow by AND my tail light!

Oh yeah, I'll run some HD plugs in it too!!!:bigsmiley20:

That's the great thing about this forum, everyone can have a opinion. :D

The only problem with varied opinions, is that I have to choose one of them (oil, plugs, etc.). Kidding. That's what makes this forum so great. Lots of good info that you won't find in the manual...

Alright man, I'm just going to drop that new Supercharged 300+ HP 1000cc Kawasaki mill in my sled! I'm going to polish all the Aluminum and Chrome out all the metal!

You'll all be able to see that shine blow by AND my tail light!

Oh yeah, I'll run some HD plugs in it too!!!:bigsmiley20:

I think they call that a V-Rod.............:shock

Curious ? Are these all stock engines using the same heat range plugs from Harley? Does it matter if you have a stage one or stage two bike? Wouldn't you change heat range to match your engines lean or rich condition? I'm not trying to start a war , just asking.

Curious ? Are these all stock engines using the same heat range plugs from Harley? Does it matter if you have a stage one or stage two bike? Wouldn't you change heat range to match your engines lean or rich condition? I'm not trying to start a war , just asking.

Excellent question. I have V&H pipes and a fuelpak that changed the mix ratio to accommodate. Perhaps that does change things... hmmm. Does the st1 or 2 kits come with instructions from HD and mention a plug change?

Excellent question. I have V&H pipes and a fuelpak that changed the mix ratio to accommodate. Perhaps that does change things... hmmm. Does the st1 or 2 kits come with instructions from HD and mention a plug change?

Back in the old days we ran different heat range in front and back cylinders, with modern fuels and injection there is no advantage IMO unless you are drag racing only

I did some research and also talked to some engine builders to include Harley them self. The answer I got was use the stock plug designed for your bike. Some will use a hotter or cooler plug but the general consensus was the stock plug.

Back