free website stats program Spark Plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plugs

sddurbin

Need to know if my '13 Road Glide Ultra can use the same plugs as my old '08 FLHT. If not, can someone recommend a Champion # to use? I hate paying more than necessary just to have 'H-D' stamped on the plugs. Plug gap also appreciated. As always-TIA.

Scott in IL-'13 FLTRU (the new Mistress)

Try J&PCycles online. You can select your year and make of bike, several champion plugs are listed.

The Champion alternative for my '08 touring is number RA8HC. Not sure if that still applies for 2013s though.

With all the money spent on bike why squabble at a couple extra bucks for plugs that are specifically made for your bike at dealer. There are aftermarket options that will save you money but in the long run the headaches it can cause will not be worth it.....

Look at this:

Harley Davidson Forums

With all the money spent on bike why squabble at a couple extra bucks for plugs that are specifically made for your bike at dealer. There are aftermarket options that will save you money but in the long run the headaches it can cause will not be worth it.....

Look at this:

Harley Davidson Forums

I'm with Bernie, by far all the polls I've seen the plug of choice is the recommended Harley plug. The day I can't afford to buy 2 Harley plugs is the day I need to sell it. JMHO.:s

My .02c...

A plug that dosen't work = an engine running on one...

In 5k I've put on the SE wires (for looks) used the stock HD plugs, Champion and SE plugs and guess what, it runs exactly the same! I keep a set in the bag just in case but I don't feel or see any difference. I've even temped every part of the engine with my Exergen gauge running the same tune. No difference in performance or fuel milage. Buy a set of plugs your comfortable with (price and make)

Was always told Champion made plugs for H D. But to HD spec's . But you never know. Don't run anything but( American made ) plugs in my scoots . Can't afford the rejection!:s

Have been running Champions for years. Shovels,Evo's, and TC's(99,06,2012). Never had a problem.
tourbox

Back