free website stats program Spark Plugs | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plugs

All good replies above.

Yep Jack is giving you good advice with the anti-seize. The nice thing about spark plugs for a Harley is the crush gasket. Tighten the plug down and a 1/3 to 1/4 turn
Ken

You know I never met Kemo in person but it still kinda hurts to see his former replies now. He had been a forum friend listing of mine for quite some time. I've thought about him quite a bit since yesterday. We had some folks over for a cookout today and I was telling them that I lost a forum friend. I guess some folks that don't frequent forums might wonder about that.

But it says a good bit about a man's character where they can have such an effect on someone that hasn't even met them in person. I can still remember the story he told me about his terrible vacation to Texas one time. I am so glad he was able to spend time on one of his best vacations when his time came up. And he died doing what he truly loved.

God bless you Kemo, we ain't gonna forget you.

Attachments

• Kemo.jpg
    Kemo.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 75
All good replies above.

You know I never met Kemo in person but it still kinda hurts to see his former replies now. He had been a forum friend listing of mine for quite some time. I've thought about him quite a bit since yesterday. We had some folks over for a cookout today and I was telling them that I lost a forum friend. I guess some folks that don't frequent forums might wonder about that.

But it says a good bit about a man's character where they can have such an effect on someone that hasn't even met them in person. I can still remember the story he told me about his terrible vacation to Texas one time. I am so glad he was able to spend time on one of his best vacations when his time came up. And he died doing what he truly loved.

God bless you Kemo, we ain't gonna forget you.

Nicely done Dave:s

Be sure and use the copper never sieze. The other can cause you problems if it happens to get in the motor or so ive been told

I did not know this. Been using the gray stuff a long time with no problems. Am I just lucky or what could this do if it gets into the cylinder?

I did not know this. Been using the gray stuff a long time with no problems. Am I just lucky or what could this do if it gets into the cylinder?

As long as you dont get carried away with the stuff you will have NO problems, just a dab on the threads is all you need, worst case if you get tOO much on the plug it may foul it

I have always cleaned plug area before removal and then remove and replace plug with no type of chemical on the threads. I am also guilty of old school method of tightening. Though to date have never had a problem..:27:

Yea, I've always wiped down the area before I pull the plug but once I started a dab of neversieze on the threads....well, the next time I pulled that plug convinced me. Will use it forever now. Great little "trick" if you wanna call it that.

Back