free website stats program Spark Plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plugs

kickstandkaddy

Account Removed
I own a 07 Screaming eagle Road King. I was hoping someone could help me out with my thoughts on Spark Plugs on this bike.

This bike has the 110 motor in it. I have replaced the plugs many different times and have cleaned them too. I have 33k on this bike and it runs very well most of the time.
If this bike starts to run rough or pops going down hills I know it's the plugs. I can clean them a few times then I replace them when they look like they are getting some wear on them.
How often do you replece your plugs in your HD?? It this normal changing out the plugs every 5k to 7k miles??

Lets face it. If these bikes were V-10's and used those fancy $12 spark plugs it may be worth pulling everything you can out of a set. But with 2 plugs costing $3.50 each is it even worth removing and cleaning them? Maybe yes, maybe no. When you look at that $7 vs the overall cost of yearly maintenance, it's not a big deal to me.

I am sure I change my plugs more often than most do because I don't keep a log!:p

Back