free website stats program Spark plugs... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark plugs...

The plugs you posted have the carbon around the edge of the shell and is pretty much normal and found on most plugs in harleys, are they the correct number for the bike? They look like 6R12?
The ground strap indicating heat range looks OK and the insulator is clean indicating a decent burn. Decel popping is a trait present with low restriction mufflers and not necessarily a sign of a problem.

The plugs are 6r12. So what would cause lose of power/hesitation when I get on the throttle?
Also I had a decel pop before, but now its getting worse. Should I take VH slip ons off and use SE slip ons?
I have change fuel stations thinking it was the fuel. Well I guess I'll take it for a longer trip and see how that works. Thanks for the responses and the help

The plugs are 6r12. So what would cause lose of power/hesitation when I get on the throttle?
Also I had a decel pop before, but now its getting worse. Should I take VH slip ons off and use SE slip ons?
I have change fuel stations thinking it was the fuel. Well I guess I'll take it for a longer trip and see how that works. Thanks for the responses and the help

Take a look at your PC III settings ?

is this a new problem that just came out of the blue or have you always had this problem and if it is a new problem is it getting any worse if so I would check for any carb/tbi / manifolds leaks as this could be causing your issues, so with out a little more info it is sort of hard to tell or at least it is for me, so if I can help just let me know, you can check for air leaks by removing & just replace them as a preventive maintenance the seals and etc are just around $10.00 - $15.00 dollars if you do it yourself or you can use the old fashion way of getting the bike up to normal operating temp and spray some "your choice carb cleaner, wd 40, brake cleaner or etc" in the area of the carb while idling and if you have a leak in the manifold/carb area the engine will speed up and change idle

Back