free website stats program Spark Plug Wires | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plug Wires

Snake oil for sure i would say .. I have never heard of wires claiming that .. Better conduction for better spark sure like accel says but this no

Could it have possibly been that they were new and the ones they replaced were in need of replacing? Often overlooked when doing a comparison.

i am usually one of the 1st to shout Snake Oil but these do actually live up to the Hype for once

OK, let's analyze this one. The purpose of a plug wire is to deliver the voltage (spark) to the plug which in turn ignites the fuel mixture in the cylinder. Assuming there is nothing wrong with the plugs and/or wires on any given motor, how can a different wire or plug give you more horsepower out of the same setup.
If there was wear on the plugs or voltage leaks on the wires, then there would be a difference possibly seen with the new parts. Once a mixture is ignited it's all over there, this is on a stock motor and not on a MSD unit or race car. Also assuming the stock compression normally aspirated motor.

splain to me:D I wants ta learn!

Correct me if I am wrong but are not regular spark plug wires carbon conductive with a certain resistance per foot.

These appear to be metal conductive with almost 0 resistance.

Does this not produce a hotter spark and increase HP or not.

I'll bet you cant listen to the radio because of all the static.

I had a drag car with the msd setup and non resistor plugs/wires and it would mess with the satellite dish when I was tuning it up in the house. Made snow on the t.v.

This is just all to good info. So these plug wires will performe as stated in their ad? Would they work with the HD Plugs? or would you have to use a different plug. Man this forum just keeps getting better and better all the time. What awesome people we have here.

This is just all to good info. So these plug wires will performe as stated in their ad? Would they work with the HD Plugs? or would you have to use a different plug. Man this forum just keeps getting better and better all the time. What awesome people we have here.

Great question..I was hoping you would ask...now am waitin for Hobbits answer...I'm getting ready to order a set after hearing his comments...

Back