free website stats program Spark Plug Torque | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plug Torque

I only tighten snuggly.
Never torque.
So the book says change pugs every 25,000 miles?
I change mine every 5-10 k, they are cheap and easy.
:D

Yep, it really does. I thought mine looked really good. They didn't look like they had 25k on them.
I used to always change plugs in my cars like that. Every 10K or so.
But when plugs became $10 a piece I quit doing it and figured I would do it
when the factory recommended.

Agree...plugs are one of those things I tighten to "feel" vs. "spec." Just check them during every pre-ride walk-around to ensure all is well.

Agree...plugs are one of those things I tighten to "feel" vs. "spec." Just check them during every pre-ride walk-around to ensure all is well.

I completely agree. That's the way I've done it my entire life.
I will say, that I do torque every other fastener on the bike, though.
Derby cover cap screws, drain plugs, etc. all get torqued.
So this one time I get the bright idea to torque the plugs and kinda regret it now...

Take care,
Dave

Brian gave his father WISE Words.

I use a Little dab of Silver anti-seaze but I think Brian uses a little Copper Grease Eh? Brian.:D

I heard that from Brian yearsssss ago(coper grease) here and reminded me of it now.

My Big can is copper colored the little tube is silver... BET they ALL are Strong in the odor department.

Kinda like the ShockProof Heavy tranny lube Smell= OOfDa...

Hope that means what I think it means or I'll be trouble here.:naughty

signed....BUBBIE

Antisieze always, hand tighten plus a quarter turn, spark plugs have to seal in compression, transfer heat and light the fire. They live in a hostile environment and take a lot of abuse JMO:s

Brian gave his father WISE Words.

I use a Little dab of Silver anti-seaze but I think Brian uses a little Copper Grease Eh? Brian.:D

I heard that from Brian yearsssss ago(coper grease) here and reminded me of it now.

My Big can is copper colored the little tube is silver... BET they ALL are Strong in the odor department.

Kinda like the ShockProof Heavy tranny lube Smell= OOfDa...

Hope that means what I think it means or I'll be trouble here.:naughty

signed....BUBBIE

Aye a wee bit of copper grease here and there keeps things from getting stuck

Brian

Yeah, the manual specifically calls out Loctite Anti Seize. Although I don't think it really matters what brand though...

Take care,
Dave

I would NEVER use anything that said. LOCTITE. on my plugs :::::

:cryI might get that product Mixed with my tube of RED...... Then I'd Really be in Trouble.:bigsmiley22:

signed....BUBBIE

Back